All ACRL OnPoint chats are free and open to the public. Sessions are unmoderated, 30-45 minutes in length and take place in a Meebo chat room.
May 14, 2008: Green Libraries
[10 a.m Pacific / 11:00 a.m. Mountain / 12:00 p.m. Central / 1:00 p.m. Eastern]
Conveners: Mary Carr, Dean Instructional Services, Spokane Community College and Dr. Debra Rowe, President of the US Partnership for a Sustainable Future
- From a library/librarians' perspective, how are our library resources when it comes to sustainability?
- Are we supporting the college's curricular efforts?
- What about the "greening" of the library and the campus?
- Can we practice sustainability? Can we promote it by speakers, presentations, etc.?
- What can we do within our library associations, and other professional groups?
1) The whats, whys and wherefores of sustainability?
2) What is happening on our campuses and in our communities regarding sustainability?
3) How can we support what is happening and how can we contribute to "moving the needle?
Full Transcript w/Links Available At