Green Library Project is committed to improving literacy, reducing waste and working towards a healthier environment.
Green Library Project assists families in gaining access to books with the goal of empowering individuals to better our community.
Green Library Project, cooperating with other non-profit organizations and agencies, plans to construct a sustainable library in the Austin community using green building innovations.
Green Library Project is a non-profit organization with the purpose of advancing literacy by acquiring, developing, promoting and providing books for people, libraries for communities, and access to information worldwide using environmentally conscious alternatives, innovations, materials, and methods. Towards this end, Green Library Project will undertake the following activities:
- Implement programs recycling books to children, communities and libraries, schools, and universities in need.
- Develop programs to improve and expand the quality of books, libraries, and access to information programs of communities.
- Initiate a program that will build and source libraries with earth friendly designs using recycled materials and sustainable energy alternatives, innovations, and methods.
- Develop programs that implement and/or support environmentally conscious methods of recycling damaged or outdated books.
- Develop awareness in the business community, government, and in the general public of the value of books, libraries, and access to information.
- Allocate funds as appropriate to organizations, agencies, or individuals who can provide books, libraries and access to information programs or products of high quality that are deemed beneficial to peoples and communities.
- Conduct ongoing planning, researching books, libraries and access to information needs of communities, including new library facilities, and developing, updating, and evaluating progress of periodic written plans for the growth of information resources within those communities.
- Engage in any other activities that will enhance peoples experiences with books, libraries and access to information worldwide using environmentally conscious alternatives, innovations, materials, and methods.
Green Library Facility Program
We are in search of a large facility that can be the Green Library Project incarnate by housing a consolidated warehouse, offices, public spaces, and alternative energy innovations. Green Library Project, cooperating with other non-profit organizations and agencies, plans to build a sustainable library in the Austin, Texas community. Plans for the library include using recycled building materials, rain water collection for landscape irrigation, solar power from photo-voltaic panels, a recycling center and other green building innovations. Our goal is to integrate the library into the community, so that the library has a community feel, a sense of place.